This week's recipe is in honor of MountainTop Bleu's recent bronze medal award at the 2012 American Cheese Society Conference that took place in Raleigh, NC a few weeks back. It had been far too long since i'd made stuffed peppers -- something I often ate growing up in my Italian-American household. This time I substituted rice for quinoa, and the result was spectacular. I am not sure i'll ever go back to a traditional rice-stuffed pepper again!
Picture
Stuffed peppers are a total nostalgia food for me -- so I always find them really fun to prepare. I found the quinoa to be an excellent alternative to rice in this case, and highly recommend it -- but if you like to stick to what you know, rice would work just fine.

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of vegetable stock or broth -- I used veggie stock for added flavor
4 medium to large bell peppers
1 shallot -- finely chopped
1 small eggplant, skinned & cubed -- I used an organic purple eggplant from Whole Foods
1 tbs minced garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh basil
Cayenne pepper

Start by combining 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of veggie stock/broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until quinoa is translucent -- when you see a white ring around the grains you'll know they're done.

Warm a medium sized saucepan over high heat. Coat saucepan with extra virgin olive oil. Add shallots and garlic -- cook for a few minutes. Add the cubed eggplant and basil. Allow eggplant to cook for about 8 minutes -- or until soft but not mushy. In the meantime, prepare your peppers to be filled! Wash and remove stem, core, and seeds from pepper. Halve them lengthwise. Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil -- shiny side down and coat with some olive oil.

Combine your cooked quinoa to eggplant mixture in saucepan and season with a few shakes of cayenne pepper. Let quinoa/eggplant mixture warm over low flame for a few minutes -- stirring throughly to evenly distribute flavors. Spoon filling into peppers and pop into oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and place a few strips of MountainTop Bleu over peppers -- place back into oven for another minute or so, allowing cheese to fully melt. Prepare your palate for a truly delicious tasting experience and dig in! Or, as my grandmother says: mangia!

-- Quinoa & Eggplant Stuffed Peppers with Melted MountainTop Bleu provided by Daniel

Comments

07/03/2013 1:55am

This is fantastic! I have been in search of a easy to make dish for the mornings and holidays and this will perfectly fit my schedule. Quinoa is really high in proteins and iron, so I believe this will surely satisfy the nutritional needs apart from the ecstatic taste.

10/31/2013 1:52am

I do like this media day gopro and yes everything now makes really what I would wanted. I like it then.

11/17/2013 9:57pm

For those who have lots of disadvantage-tent online as if you do, occa-sioinally the thing is it appear-ing some-where else around the internet-inter-internet. Its so unfair and I am unsure how you can stop it. Any tips?

12/05/2013 9:39pm

The response is plain and basic. We need to look after abundant measure in our bankroll with the intention that we can play over and over again.

12/08/2013 10:00pm

fQuality articles is the important to attract the people to pay a visit the website, that�s what this web site is providing

12/08/2013 10:02pm

Congratulations to a brilliant effort in publishing your article. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful article.

01/29/2014 8:00am

Hey, I just wanted to say what a excellent website. I certainly enjoyed it and found it interesting reading. Anticipating your next post!

Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog.

The police and guys in suits took us to a holding room hidden in the back of the station, while they waited for a higher ranking officer to come

02/13/2014 10:09pm

We all walked onto the last car and as soon as it pulled away my pants came off and I walked down to the far side of the carriage.

03/31/2014 7:00am

The importance of education is much more than we think about it. It provides the best ideas to develop more and more things and we all know that without education we are nothing. All the new developments we see our surroundings is just because we have more knowledge and education and know how to spend this in decision making.

04/09/2014 12:31am

Thanks Daniel for sharing the recipe. That is could be very tasty and enjoyable. I would like to make it a home. I would like to see your further recipe related post. You have the great work. Keep it up.

04/18/2014 7:40am

In case you're an entertainer wig can support you in depicting diverse parts. It can help you to pass on your character all the more productive. You can speak to history time by wearing a wig of outdated haircut.

06/18/2014 11:27pm

Instruction is consistently difference and intelligence. A person who is taught has shrewdness and learning. The learning to know the right and the data to reason it. Knowledge executes as the strolling stone throughout an individual's advancement.

06/23/2014 12:59am

There are so many new ideas and the products are coming in the markets and if you are the one looking for a great style these perfect quality wigs are the best for you. So try these and make your lovely styles in a few minutes.

It makes their life fun, interesting. It enriches their mind and body with positive thoughts. It is more likely a hobby or an activity for them so without fashion their life would be so boring and dull.